Sisu Global Health is the medical device company for emerging markets. Sisu is changing the statistic that 80% of the world's medical devices are designed for 10% of the world's population. Sisu is a flexible and fast-paced startup looking to meet the unmet medical technology needs of most of the world’s population.
Our first product, Hemafuse, is a patented surgical tool to manually salvage, filter, and recycle blood from internal bleeding back to the patient. Hemafuse is the first in a pipeline of medical devices that address challenges unique to emerging markets, such as blood access. We have achieved regulatory approval in Ghana and Kenya for Hemafuse and are entering the market phase as a company.
The production manager will be responsible to direct the organization's manufacturing and supply chain operations. He or she will develop and implement plans to efficiently utilize materials, labor, and equipment along with ensuring that all parts, assemblies, and final products are produced on schedule and according to established requirements. The production manager will establish processes, policies, and procedures and ensure all changes align with the organization's objectives. He or she will coordinate with quality, and related departments to resolve quality issues through root cause analysis and corrective action.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure that all workings are manufactured in a correct, cost effective and timely manner in alignment with specifications and quality requirements
- Chalking out or improve operational systems, processes and best practices that guarantee organizational well-being.
- Sourcing materials and components through an international supply chain, plan inventory and ensure warehouse efficiency.
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Examine financial data/statements and use them to improve profitability
- Perform quality controls and monitor key production metrics
- Recruit, train, supervise and appraise human resources
- Contract Management, including negotiation and execution, in following areas:
- Insurance, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Sales / Purchasing Agreements, Subcontracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of customer proposed terms and conditions
- Distribution Agreements (resellers, agents, joint marketing etc.)
- Commercial and Public (Federal, State and Local Municipalities) Contracting
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years’ experience in operations; Five years management responsibility
- .Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in business and/or engineering or any relevant field or equivalent experience
- Working familiarity with ISO 13485 processes and environment
- Knowledgeable of production, quality, scheduling, and customer service
- Experience with lean manufacturing concepts
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Understanding of business finances and contracts. Able to analyze data, identify trends, make recommendations and provide sound business reason to implement changes